Requirements for New Supplier Set-Up
General Information for Vendors Form must be completely filled out and signed.
All new vendors are expected to complete the General
Information for Vendors Form. This form gives our suppliers
and potential suppliers an opportunity to tell us about their
desired payment terms, electronic capabilities, and distribution
- A signed Continuing
Commodity Guaranty and Indemnity Agreement ("CCG")
(This form must have an "original" signature; copies
will not be accepted.)
READ Vendor Code
A signed Certificate of Liability Insurance ("COI",
formerly known as "POI")
A sample of your company's invoice form
In order to ensure that your payments are properly received
and processed, Safeway requires a sample invoice that can
be passed to our National Accounting Service Center ("NASC").
Please note that while the sample invoice should not detail
items or the actual need for payment, it must clearly state
your company name as it should appear on the payment check.
Additionally, the sample invoice must have a current "remit
to" address. Invoices sent without this information may
cause payment delays.
- Complete the Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement
- All warehouse vendors supplying at least one item covered by the Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002 must provide the following:
An affirmative statement of FDA facility registration compliance
- A sample of completed bill of lading for warehouse delivery that contains the following pieces of information as required by law under Title III Section 306 the Establishment and Maintenance of Records:
NOTE: A sample of completed bill of lading must be provided for ALL locations shipping product to Safeway.
- Transporter firm's name, address, telephone, fax number and/or email address
- Type of food, including brand name and specific variety (e.g. Brand X cheddar cheese, not just cheese – romaine lettuce, not just lettuce)
- Quantity and type of packaging (e.g. 24 – 12 oz. bottles)
||The Continuing Commodity Guaranty and
Indemnity Agreement ("CCG") and Certificate
of Liability Insurance ("COI") are mandatory
for a new supplier to be set up. These documents must
be presented to the Manager of National Category ("MNC")
at or before the time of appointment.
||There may be additional forms required for Direct Delivery Suppliers upon acceptance. Please check with the MNC for other prerequisites.
||An affirmative statement of FDA registration and a sample of completed bill of lading with the required level of detail must be submitted and on file before warehouse deliveries will be accepted for items covered by the Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002.
Requirements for New Item Set-Up
New items must be reviewed and approved by Safeway's Consumer Demand/Strategic Sourcing Representative ("CD/SSR"). When you first meet with the representative, please bring the following information:
- The key features and benefits of the product.
- The forecasted units per store per week for the product.
- Projected sales and profits
- Marketing, advertising and promotion plans of your product(s).
- Any placement allowances available to support new item launch.
- The promotional allowances available to support an ongoing marketing program.
- IRI/Nielsen market data where available and applicable.
- The target customer for your product.
- Recommended product placement in schematic.
- Sales history of your product and where it is sold today.
Once the item has been reviewed and forecasted performance agreed upon, a completed New Item Presentation Form(s) ("eNIF"), including cost, should be submitted to the Safeway CD/SSR.
When the item has been assigned a Corporate Item Code (CIC), log-on to Edeals and complete a "Notice of Promotional Allowances" form. Click here for Notice(s) of Promotion Allowance Instructions . If you do not yet have an Edeals account, please contact Edeals customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org to set one up.
Requirements for Product Samples
Suppliers will be required to present two (2)
product samples of each item at the interview and to send one product
sample of each item to Gladson
Interactive, provider of digital product images and product
label content for space management and e-commerce.
||If the product is too large, bring a detailed
written product description that includes the specifications
and illustrations, or photographs that include a picture of
the package scan bar area (including all numbers related to
the scan bar) and other literature related to your product.
||It is essential that your product possess
a unique UPC code and scannable bar code. The MNC will provide
you with additional instructions for perishable items.
||For restricted products, pictures and illustrations
will be requested in lieu of actual merchandise. The MNC for
these product groupings will provide additional information
||Effective May 26, 2003, all suppliers will
be required to send one product sample of each item to Gladson
Interactive. In order for Safeway to ensure compliance with
this procedure, we will request a hard copy of the eNotify
(an electronic notification from Gladson) once your sample
has been received, with your new item presentation.
[ back to top ]